Lil Baby & Gunna - Drip Harder // Album Review

Lil Baby and Gunna are both dropping later this month. Let's take a look at their biggest duo project. 



In 2018 Lil Baby and Gunna dropped "Drip Harder". Personally neither have ever been on my playlist very much. I always felt and still feel tho that they always had songs that go hard, but at the same time I didn't care for most of what they made. 


I'm kinda indecisive about whether I like it or not. I think they hit the vibe hard on some of the songs, but they fail to do so on some of the other songs. Drake's verse is hard hitting and he delivers the best verse on the whole album. 


Rating:


Vibe - 5,5/10. Some of the songs are a vibe like "Close Friends" and "Underdog", but the autotune ruins some of the other meant to be a vibe songs.

Lyrics - 5/10. Overall I don't find the content of the lyrics that meaningful.

Flow - 7/10. This is what they gonna both Lil Baby and Gunna are really good rappers, and they have multiple verses with really good flow on the album.

Music - 7/10. I find many of the beats very good on the album. Especially the beat for "Never Recover" is hard hitting.

Overall - 6,7/10. The album itself is not worth listening all through, but I find some of the songs worth vibing to multiple times. 


Track list:


Off White VLONE - 4/10. The autotune gets overused on it. Neither the verses nor chorus really works.

Business Is Business - 6,5/10. Both Gunna and Lil Baby killed their verses. Overall the song is a turn up song. 

Belly - 3,5/10. The autotune gets to much on the chorus. Both still have decent verses on it. 

Deep End - 4/10. Not much to this song. I mean it's a pretty basic song. Autotune is once again overused. 

World Is Yours - 5/10. A low-fi rap song overall. I don't really think it hits the right vibe tho.

Underdog - 7/10. A good vibe overall. I think Lil Baby killed his verse.

I Am - 6/10. I think the song has a vibe to it, but I don't think it works overall.

Seals Pills - 4/10. I think the autotune gets way to much. The lyrics and flow in it doesn't really work either.

My Jeans - 3/10. I think Young Thug completely ruins this song. His verse just doesn't sound good. 

Style Stealer - 3/10. Another bad songs. The lean rap style they try to do doesn't work out.

Close Friends - 8/10. Absolutely a complete vibe. The lyrics hits and Lil Baby kills it. 

Drip Too Hard - 7/10. This song goes hard. The arrogance they deliver is perfect, but could have been executed a bit better.

Never Recover. 7/10. Another hard song to bump to. Drake carries the song tho and both Gunna and Lil Baby deliver a week verse. 


Comments